DALLAS, TEXAS • Full-Time
THE ~POURRI CULTURE
At ~Pourri, we leave things (smelling) better than we found them. We do epic sh*t. We lighten our customer’s loads through products that eliminate anxiety. We only put good things into the world. We give a funk. We have each other’s backs and work as a badass team. We go with the flow and lean into our geniuses. We flush the status quo. We take the stigma out of uncomfortable conversations. We hold ourselves accountable and own our own sh*t.
THE ~POURRI PRODUCTS
In 2021, Poo~Pourri busted out of the bathroom as ~Pourri: purveyor of natural odor eliminators to make life, home, and body smell wayyy better. Our new and ever-expanding product portfolio furthers our mission to bring levity to a world weighed down by toxic odors, stigmas, and ingredients.
~Pourri’s Controller must have solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills. candidate should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Our organization requires a successful candidate to have knowledge of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations and provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Our team Is looking for an Analytical systems thinker who can work with our organization to manage accounting functions and leverage leading practices to establish standardized processes. Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued.
· Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions
· Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
· Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
· Coordinating activities of external auditors
· Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
· Managing the budget process
· Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes
· Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
· Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
· Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
· Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
· Hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting staff
THE ~EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance, required
· Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (MBA), Preferred
· Professional Accreditation of Certified public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), Preferred
Your application was submitted successfully.